Welcome to the California ProLife Council, the California affiliate of the National Right to Life Committee since 1971. CPLC is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian grassroots organization dedicated to restoring legal protection for vulnerable individual lives, particularly those at risk of abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia. We believe this goal will be accomplished on two fronts:
(1) Working within the law to change the law, and
(2) Changing public opinion through education.
- California ProLife is an advocacy organization (a 501 c4) non-profit. Contributions, though non-profit are not tax deductible.
- We also have an internal Educational 501 c-3 to help educate our vast state on the facts of Life. All donations to California ProLife Education Foundation are all tax-deductible.
- And to help ensure Life-affirming laws being passed, we have a separate segregated PAC for helping to elect pro-life candidates.
As the polls repeatedly demonstrate, most Americans are morally opposed to abortion as a “Final Solution” to a woman’s dilemma of an unplanned pregnancy. No one is more aware of the desperation of the woman with an unexpected pregnancy than we in the pro-life movement, for we are the ones who shelter, financially support and love these individuals.
Abortion cannot be included as part of the constellation of options for a pregnant woman, however. As Abraham Lincoln once said about the slavery issue, “We do not have the right to do what is wrong”. We believe there must be a better solution for a woman with an unplanned pregnancy than the destruction of her child.
I hope you will join us in this battle for the hearts and minds of Californians. If your heart agrees with Abraham Lincoln’s statement, then don’t allow yourself to wake up 25 years from now regretting that you can’t tell your grandchildren what part you played in the fight to end the abortion holocaust. Your involvement is crucial!
Executive Director, California ProLife Council